In the beginning of the summer I began reading about minimalism and just taking care of your essentials. Today was Black Friday, and don’t get me wrong I like getting a good bargain on things. Especially since I’m eyeing this one Canon DSLR… *snaps out of it*
It’s that time of year again, consuming more things that we don’t need to have. If anything, I have to get rid of some more clutter. This blog is a real inspiration for anyone that wants to get rid of the clutter and do what they want with their lives. I’ve decided to join in the #occupyxmas movement. I don’t want to feed into the big businesses that exploit their workers and have shady deals with foreign labor markets.
This #occupyxmas movement has included joining in the ZenHabits challenge as per the website:
“What is this crazy challenge? It’s simple — follow all these rules:
- Buy no new gifts during the holidays.
Wait, whaaat? Don’t fret, there are alternatives:
- Make gifts, like crafts or construction type gifts.
- Bake or cook consumable gifts like cookies.
- Give the gift of your service — wash cars, give a massage, babysit, clean a house, mow lawns, etc.
- Buy used gifts at thrift stores.
- Donate to charity, as a group.
- Volunteer at a charity together.
- Have a shared experience together.
- Create something, together, instead of consuming.
- Give to others things you don’t need (a good sewing machine, etc.).
- Find gratitude for what we already have.”